On-Going Instruction in the Principles of Christianity
2021 Jubilee 2022
YEAR OF THE EUCHARIST - 01/31
THE EUCHARISTIC “OUR FATHER” IN ITS SEVEN PETITIONS
ST. PIERRE-JULIEN EYMARD
(Founder of the Fathers of the Blessed Sacrament)
- OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN, in the heaven of the EUCHARIST, to Thee, Who art seated on the throne of grace and love, be benediction, and honor, and glory, and power, for ever and ever!
- HALLOWED BE THY NAME, first in ourselves, through the spirit of Thy humility, obedience, and charity. May we in all humility and zeal make Thee known, adored, and loved by all men in the Eucharist!
- THY KINGDOM COME, Thy Eucharistic Kingdom. Rule Thou alone forever over us for Thy greater glory through the power of Thy love, the triumph of Thy virtues ...
- THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. Grant us to find all our joy in wanting Thee alone, in desiring Thee alone, and in thinking of Thee alone …
- GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD. Lord Jesus, Thou Who didst daily give manna to Thy people in the wilderness …
- AND FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES. Forgive, Lord Jesus, the sins of my youth! … Forgive the offenses committed against us. Take not revenge on those who oppose, calumniate, and persecute us. Grant them good for evil, pardon for sin, love for hate. AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US; with our whole heart, in true charity; with our whole soul, in the simplicity of little children; with our whole will, we desire to obtain for them, as for us, all the gifts of Thy love.
- AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION. Deliver not up to unclean and wicked beasts the souls that trust in Thee … Make [us] immune from scandal, pure from vice, free from worldly servitude, a stranger to the world, so that it may find its joy in serving Thee in holiness and liberty, in peace and tranquility. BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL. Deliver us from the demon of pride, impurity, and discord …
AMEN. In Thee, O Lord Jesus, have I hoped; let me not be confounded forever. Thou alone art good. Thou alone art powerful. Thou alone art eternal. To Thee alone be honor and glory, love and thanksgiving forever and ever.